Smart Football has moved!

Please check out the new site, smartfootball.com. All future updates will be made there.

Monday, March 03, 2008

I Win! College Football Blogger Awards: Best Post


So I won a "College Football Blogger Award" for "Best Analysis: Best Post" for my article on the "Divide Route in the Multiple Smash Concept." I'm also up for an award for "Best Analysis" for the site as a whole, but I likely don't update with enough frequency to pull that one down.

I'm flattered to have won. The site is designed to contribute that kind of analysis with each post, so hopefully I am succeeding in my own slow and incremental way. I'm also happy with my readership: a combination of football professionals and intellectually curious football fans.

In any event, I also wanted to use the opportunity to thank the loose consortium of great college football blogs that have shown me a lot of recent support. A special hat tip too to Dawg Sports, which predicted that I'd win this particular award, and to Peter from Burnt Orange Nation, for whom I did one feature and honestly still owe him more.

To read more about the College Football Awards, check out this index from Every Day Should Be Saturday.

Last, here is a brief, nonexclusive list of some great college football blogs (each made even greater by having supported me in the past).

- Burnt Orange Nation
- Dawg Sports
- MGOBlog
- Sunday Morning Quarterback
- Every Day Should Be Saturday
- Rocky Top Talk
- Double-T Nation

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Chris! I think this is a well deserved honor. I have been reading your site since spring of 06 (has it been that long?) and short of Huey's site I have found nothing better.

Keep up the great work.

Adam J said...

Congrats, Chris. I'm looking forward to more great work from you this year.

Unknown said...

Congrats! on the award!
I disappointedly check out your blog everyday!
That's a back-handed compliment by the way.
Keep the blogs coming as fast as you can.

Anonymous said...

Atta-Chris. Well deserved, sir.

Hope all is well with you. Keep up the great work...

Mr.Murder said...

Others agree this is a quality blog, one of the best ever for getting football information.

Thanks again,
Chris

PS- You've got mail....

Anonymous said...

i wholeheartedly agree with neil. great job...

Ted Seay said...

Chris: Bravo! Well deserved, as generally noted.

I will say, though, that quality and quantity are not necessarily mutually exclusive...

;)

Anonymous said...

Chris, your blog is easily the most thought-provoking site in regards to the concepts of modern game management and offensive football. Keep the blogs coming!

BB

Anonymous said...

Great blog!! I finished reading every article in the archives a couple of months ago (started back in January), and I've been waiting for a new article ever since. Come back Chris! We miss you!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!

I lost track of your site for a couple years - found it then when researching for my flag football playbook, and I will now reference it often as I have started a fantasy college football site at www. FantasyCollegeBlitz.com.

Linking to you now from our New Mexico State preview