1. "NFL kickers missed 700% more PATs in the 70s."
2. News Flash: Sports prognosticators don't know anything you and I don't also (and preseason predictions are meaningless). Exhibit A (Good job, Mark May) (hat tip - Wiz of Odds):
3. Who were the luckiest teams in the NFL this season?
4. Utah deserves a quarter of the National Championship (or it should be ignored entirely).
5. Surprised Favre melted down this season? I wasn't, and neither was Advanced NFL stats. (Answer: in 2007 Favre's Green Bay receivers did much to make him look artificially good. This is an important article.)
6. High School team eschews punting (only punts twice for entire season) and wins state championship.
7. Texas Tech's Mike Leach on 60 Minutes: The Mad Scientist of Football